The web is becoming more and more popular around the world, with virtually millions of new web sites being registered every day. Large corporations, as well as the man-in-the-street, are using the web to sell and promote their products, to have interaction on social media sites, or as on-going schedules or commentaries on various aspects of their lives. Our parents generation look at the newspapers, today’s generation go surfing and BLOGGING has become a huge phenomenon. Silverbow
Writing a blog is here to stay But also for the uninitiated, or ‘newbie’ who wants to get in on the action, this can confirm to be pretty overwhelming! You may even be asking “Well what the heck is Blogging? very well Let’s from the starting (always a good destination to start) and give you a definition of this word – Wikipedia, the online dictionary, describes Running a blog as follows:
“A blog (a portmanteau of the term “web log”) is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by a person with regular entries of discourse, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Records are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. “Blog” can be used as an action-word, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog. Many websites provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web pages, and other media related to its topic. The potential of readers to leave comments in an fun format is an important part of numerous blogs. inches
The person who maintains the online information current is called the Blogger.
Presented that you really know what a BLOG is, the next question going through the mind must be “How will i create my own Blog page? ” Well, the first few steps are definitely the easy part:
1. Pick a Domain name Name
– the name should ‘encapsulate’ your business and really should be short and easily kept in mind
– try to avoid hyphenated domain name names
– avoid including words that are spelt in another way in American and English language languages i. e. ‘center’ and ‘centre’
2. Enroll your Domain Name.
– After deciding the name, you have to check their availability. You are able to incorporate this step with the next measure.
3. Find a Reputable Internet Hosting Company
– a simple Search under web hosting will discover you any amount of sites
– ensure the Host has a 99. 9% ‘uptime’
– once you have decided on a site, use their ‘Check Availability” facility to uncover whether, or not, your domain name is available to use.
– in the case of domain subscription for companies, particularly, it is a good idea to also register it as a. com,. org,. info etc, so that any opponents cannot use the same name you have chosen i. at the. you may register idiot’s. com and another company may then use dummies. info.
– you will have to pay a nominal amount, to the web hosting company, on an twelve-monthly most basic. Free webhosting is not very reliable.
The next measure entails DESIGNING your website and this is where it starts to get difficult! The best way to design a site is to use a design template. Some templates enable you to create a site with little if any HTML (computer code dialect – Hyper Text Markup Language) knowledge and there are websites where you can choose the design and download it for free. The challenge here is that if you’re not a professional, changing these web templates is difficult as they are not too ‘flexible’ for a new user.
You can hire a professional to develop your website. Once again, a Google search will produce a huge selection of companies who design websites. Use care when choosing a developer as there are hundreds of developers out there who may promise ‘exactly’ what you want, but on presentation, it is totally unusable. Check out their portfolio and appearance at sites they have built to give you an improved idea of their workmanship. Regrettably this can be an expensive exercise as these designers performing a specific job and certainly are not shy to fee for it!